Thursday, September 13, 2012

Creating a Rustic Kitchen

My decorating style typically lends itself towards rustic glamour; however sometimes the rustic side can appeal to me more, especially when it comes to the kitchen.  Perhaps it is my love of baking pies or Tuscany, but something about a rustic kitchen creates a real sense of home. The elements that I love to include are wood, chalkboard surfaces, burnished metal, wrought iron and of course mason jars and luckily, Terrain (from the parent company Anthropologie) is fully stocked with these types of items.  Below are some of my favorite picks for the kitchen.  If you haven't checked out their website, I really urge you to - you will be hooked! 



Image from here

16 comments:

  1. This is the kind of kitchen I one day dream of having :) I also love wood in the kitchen, lots of white and lots of natural light :)

    Hugs,
    xx

    http://oteea-land.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love this! I'm a sucker for anything rustic.
    And WEIRD! I bought those twig pencils for my sister for her birthday, haha :) Gotta find something to go with them though
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rustic items too, this kitchen table on the left (first pic) is perfect! I'd like to have it))

    I'm your new follower!

    xx
    Tali
    www.Fetishists-Notes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that kitchen is goooorgeous- look at that fridge!! i love the rustic look a lot too, it really does feel homey. Like I expect to look out the window and see a wild flower field in my backyard. One day, one day :) and i had no idea Anthropologie had a home decor sister store. I'm almost scared to click on that link...

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg wow i just adore this white and neutral kitchen! gorgeous! Hugs from California! xx,
    The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chalkboard message board. That would be great on the counter with reminders written on it!

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just made ourselves a chalkboard wall in our kitchen!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. how lovely and cozy. I would love a kitchen like this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrain always has such lovely things, and I love that kitchen you posted! So rustic and gorgeous.

    Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a little rustic for homes, it makes them feel more cozy:)
    xo, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the kitchen is gorgeous and love your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely inspiration...would love to have that in my kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  13. boy do I also love a rustic kitchen, love the inspirations here, I'm hiring you to decorate my home

    ReplyDelete